Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Damaged....and Alone...

I was out driving this afternoon when I came past this old tree in a field. For some reason this tree always caught my eye when I passed this field, an old, strong tree standing lonely in a field. Sadly the last ice storm brought down a large chuck of this old titan's left side. I hope the farmer doesn't bring it down and I hope it lives to see a few more years, but I can only hope. I guess we all become brittle and old and become more susceptible to disease and injury the older we get, too bad that along with wisdom (I hope we all acquire some wisdom with age) that we don't grow stronger and faster as well. But as with everything in this 'verse we live in its a trade off, and wisdom comes with a price and thats it....man I am ready for Spring!!! Promise I will get brighter on this blog the closer spring gets.....;-)

No comments:

Trains


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

myspace